Steps to start working with stencil based theme
Stencil is the future of BigCommerce. It will power the next generation of BigCommerce websites, and the prospects it presents are extremely attractive. In all likelihood, this flexible new approach will revolutionize theme construction. It is feature-rich and fully-loaded, and that helps BigCommerce web designers in creating beautiful, dynamic, as well as powerful storefronts. Your store’s revenue is highly influenced by its design and user experience. By stitching together a compelling user experience, you make the users navigate easily across the store and make more purchases. That’s what Stencil stands for. It is a browser-based tool that allows you to promptly customize your store’s themes.
What’s interesting about Stencil is that it lets developers design as well as iterate store themes locally. BigCommerce Stencil Experts have already been raving about this. In this blog, we shall take you through a step-by-step process of working with your Stencil theme on your local Windows machine.
Here I am listing down the step by step process to work with stencil based theme in you local Windows Machine.
Please make sure you have following stuff install in your PC before you start working with Stencil CLI:
- Gitbash – https://git-scm.com/downloads
- Python – https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/
- Node.js – https://nodejs.org/en/blog/release/v4.6.1/
- Visual Studio Community Edition 2013 – https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/releasenotes/vs2013-community-vs
Please follow this steps to start working with Stencil CLI :
1) Create folder d:/project name. (You have this folder in any drive)
2) Go inside that folder from git bash
3) Run command “npm install -g bigcommerce/stencil-cli”
4) download stencils base theme via github “git clone https://github.com/bigcommerce/stencil.git”
5) Go to “stencil” folder
6) Run “npm install”
7) Run “stencil init”
8) Enter store details
9) Run “stencil start”
That is the beauty of Stencil. The process for using it on a local machine is simple. We hope the aforementioned steps will help you take full advantage of this graphic tool. If you need help with BigCommerce Stencil design or development, you can get in touch with our expert team for a free, no-obligation quote on your project. Contact us at: 9eCommerce